Tuesday, March 12, 2013

White Walls


Freedom, freedom at last
No more am I held captive,
My joy shackled by the burdens of this place.
Home – peace, serenity, normality.

I am myself, nothing more, nothing less.
Burdens lift, childhood fantasies re-birthed –
Like tree blossoms in the warm spring air.
I am free – for now.

The new light beats back the creeping darkness,
My mind is preoccupied with the day's activities.
Do not think, but do with exuberance –
The clock ticks away the last of my sanity.

I am drowned in shadow of the sky.
As I lay my barriers decay and crumble –
My resolve weans; the parasite awakens.
End me now dear fiend, for your torture kills me so.

Persistence, for I am not alone;
Or am I? - my fiend whispers
The brain-fog clouds my thoughts,
The path is unclear.

Hold on; resolve,
But the consciences conflict.
Reason, side with the victor –
For he will be your fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment